Croydon Ramblers are doing a couple of led walks this Thursday, July 27. The walks are free of charge, but any money raised from their post-ramble teas will be donated to the Purley Food Hub.
The walks will start from Elmore Pond in Chipstead at 10am, “covering some lovely countryside”. One walk will be of about 10 miles, the other between seven and eight miles.
Said one of the organisers, “At the end of the walk we will be having tea and cakes in the car park by Chipstead rugby club next to Elmore Pond, and encourage those who went on the walk to contribute to the tea and cakes and all funds raised will go the Purley Food Hub.
“The walk is totally free, and you are under no obligation to contribute. You may just like to come along for a nice walk, and if you are not part of the ramblers it may whet your appetite to join Croydon Ramblers.”
- Inside Croydon – as seen on TV! – has been delivering local community news since 2010. 3million page views per year in 2020, 2021 and 2022.
- If you want real journalism, actually based in the borough, you should consider paying for it. Please sign up today. Click here for more details
- If you have a news story about life in or around Croydon, or want to publicise your residents’ association or business, or if you have a local event to promote, please email us with full details at email@example.com
- As featured on Google News Showcase
- We offer FREE ads to community groups when they have members who are paid subscribers to Inside Croydon
- Our comments section on every report provides all readers with an immediate “right of reply” on all our content
- Inside Croydon is a member of the Independent Community News Network
- Inside Croydon works together with the Bureau of Investigative Journalism, as well as BBC London News and ITV London
- ROTTEN BOROUGH AWARDS: Croydon was named among the country’s rottenest boroughs for a SIXTH successive year in 2022 in the annual round-up of civic cock-ups in Private Eye magazine