The Pembroke pub on Chipstead Valley Road in Coulsdon has reopened after a £250,000 refurb by the Stonegate Group.
With more seating and a new sports area with a pool table and darts board, the Pembroke now “provides a modern appearance, but retains its well-loved character and charm”, according to the management company.
The pub also now has revamped seating outside, making it dog-friendly, and the food and drinks menus have also been rejigged.
Extra HD TV screens, all with TNT Sports and Sky Sports, have been installed around the venue, meaning sports lovers can watch all the action from any area of the pub. The Pembroke is also running a weekly entertainment schedule of Bingo Nights, Quiz Nights and DJ Nights on the weekend.
“I am so excited to begin this new chapter of The Pembroke and get the doors open again,” said the pub’s general manager.
“The pub’s investment has breathed a new life into it, and myself and the team are so pleased with how it looks. We have such a great offering that suits every need and occasion, and we cannot wait to see you all for food, drinks, sports and some fun. We look forward to welcoming old and new faces alike.”
- Inside Croydon – as seen on TV! – has been delivering local community news since 2010. 3million page views per year in 2020, 2021 and 2022.
- If you want real journalism, actually based in the borough, you should consider paying for it. Please sign up today. Click here for more details
- If you have a news story about life in or around Croydon, or want to publicise your residents’ association or business, or if you have a local event to promote, please email us with full details at email@example.com
- As featured on Google News Showcase
- We offer FREE ads to community groups when they have members who are paid subscribers to Inside Croydon
- Our comments section on every report provides all readers with an immediate “right of reply” on all our content
- Inside Croydon is a member of the Independent Community News Network
- Inside Croydon works together with the Bureau of Investigative Journalism, as well as BBC London News and ITV London
- ROTTEN BOROUGH AWARDS: Croydon was named among the country’s rottenest boroughs for a SIXTH successive year in 2022 in the annual round-up of civic cock-ups in Private Eye magazine