An invitation lands on the Inside Croydon door mat for the Mayor’s annual charity dinner, in aid of two very worthy causes, the London Air Ambulance and Croydon Dyslexia Association.
The invites (to buy a ticket – 45 quid a time) were sent out from the chief executive’s office in Taberner House on Wednesday.
“This is the main event of my Mayoral year and the Mayor looks forward to seeing as many individuals and businesses from the borough as possible,” it says (in a somewhat disturbing mix of the first and third person).
To be staged on March 9 at the Croydon Hilton, the letter states: “This dinner is generously supported by Barratt Homes and Hilton Croydon…”
- Inside Croydon: brought to you from the heart of the borough, free of charge, an independent voice standing for freedom of speech for the people of Croydon
- Croydon misses out on Boris’s £32m Outer London awards (insidecroydon.com)
- Croydon: connected, capable and confident. Unrecognisable? (insidecroydon.com)
- Boris, O’Connell and the search for the missing Tramlink (insidecroydon.com)
- Riots? What riots? Now Croydon’s Mayor is in denial (insidecroydon.com)