Brian Paddick, the LibDems’ candidate for London Mayor, has put himself on a collision course with Liberal Democrat-controlled Sutton Council by condemning plans for a waste incinerator in Beddington Lane.
“The last thing we need is an incinerator,” Paddick told Inside Croydon.
Paddick regards himself as a “south London boy”, having lived in Mitcham and then Sutton from the age of 12.
The former senior police officer therefore knows well the area around the proposed site for the waste incinerator at Beddington Lane.
Paddick said that he feels that Beddington’s environmental degradation had gone on too long. A recent visit had left him concerned for residents living in an environment “coated in thick dust”.
- Inside Croydon: brought to you from the heart of the borough, free of charge, an independent voice standing for freedom of speech for the people of Croydon
- Councils’ huge compensation bill if incinerator is cancelled (insidecroydon.com)
- Paddick has more answers on policing, Clegg claims (insidecroydon.com)
- You’re dung for! Coulsdon and Waddon on sludge lorry route (insidecroydon.com)
- Councillors threatened with prosecution over incinerator papers (insidecroydon.com)