Make a note of the time and date: 11.37am on Monday, July 23.
The full details of the Olympic Torch relay route and torch bearers were published this morning. You can view the route listing here.
Having started the day in Lewisham, the torch will wend its way through Bromley, to Crystal Palace Park, around the stadium, before heading into Croydon.
The route then is:
- A212 Church Road
- Left into the A215 South Norwood Hill
- Right into the B266 White Horse Lane
- Right into Croydon High Street
- Left into the B266 Brigstock Road
- Left onto the A235 London Road
- Into North End
- Left onto Katharine Street
- Right onto Fell Road
- Right onto Mint Walk
- Left onto Croydon High Street
- Right onto the A212 Lower Coombe Street
- Right onto the A236 Southbridge Road
- Left onto Davenant Road
- Left onto the A232 Duppas Hill Road
- Right onto Warrington Road
- Back onto the A232 Duppas Hill Road
- Left at the A23 Purley Way
- Left onto the A232 Croydon Road, into Sutton
The list of torch bearers in Croydon can be seen here.
They include Mike Fleet, the stalwart coach at Croydon Harriers, now in his 70s, a former international middle distance runner, and 20-year-old Twinelle Hopeson, the latest of the local club’s many fine sprinters.
- 4 Days in August: Steve O’Connell’s lasting shame? (insidecroydon.com)
- Olympic torch route – making it work for your business (simplybusiness.co.uk)
- Steve O’Connell took gift from cricket fixer Majeed (insidecroydon.com)