The full breakdown of voting results from the London Mayoral and Assembly elections on May 3 are now available through the London Elects website (you need to scroll well down the page for the link to the ward scores).
But here, so that you don’t have to go to the trouble of digging out the Excel form and trying to compare the numbers, we have listed the voting for the three leading candidates for the London Assembly candidates – Steve O’Connell (Conservative), Louisa Woodley (Labour) and Abigail Lock (LibDems) – for each of Croydon’s wards.
- Addiscombe: LibDems 277; Cons 1012; Lab 1490
- Ashburton: LibDems 200; Con 1412; Lab 1177
- Bensham Manor: LibDems 145; Con 535; Lab 2166
- Broad Green: LibDems 161; Con 519; Lab 2227
- Coulsdon East: LibDems 358; Con 1680; Lab 529
- Coulsdon West: LibDems 212; Con 1624; Lab 613
- Croham: LibDems 405; Con 1543; Lab 1029
- Fairfield: LibDems 243; Con 1183; Lab 1013
- Fieldway: LibDems 51; Con 308; Lab 826
- Heathfield: LibDems 189; Con 1818; Lab 776
- Kenley: LibDems 242; Con 1828; Lab 623
- New Addington: LibDems 83; Con 445; Lab 705
- Norbury: LibDems 202; Con 916; Lab 1899
- Purley: LibDems 265; Con 1807; Lab 715
- Sanderstead: LibDems 246; Con 2203; Lab 545
- Selhurst: LibDems 139; Con 461; Lab 1895
- Selsdon & Ballards: LibDems 246; Con 1991; Lab 555
- Shirley: LibDems 211; Con 1835; Lab 1030
- South Norwood: LibDems 240; Con 736; Lab 1867
- Thornton Heath: LibDems 138; Con 547; Lab 2010
- Upper Norwood: LibDems 181; Con 849; Lab 1827
- Waddon: LibDems 183; Con 933; Lab 1239
- West Thornton: LibDems 121; Con 527; Lab 2140
- Woodside: LibDems 176; Con 667; Lab 1633
There was also one addition “ward”, postal votes, which were given as a Croydon total, rather than allocated to the relevant wards.
- Postal votes: LibDems: 1717; Cons: 11802; Lab: 9136
CROYDON TOTALS: LibDems: 6631; Cons: 39181; Lab 39665
Points to remember:
- This was all off a 38 per cent turnout by the disillusioned electorate.
- This is the first time ever that Labour has out-polled the Conservatives across Croydon in the Assembly elections.
- The LibDem vote collapsed, the coalition government’s junior partners paying the price of having a taste of power.
- On the basis of these ward results, Croydon Council would be made up of 40 Labour councillors and 30 Conservatives.
- Inside Croydon: Living life on the fringes of Croydon. Post your comments on this article below. If you have a news story about life in or around Croydon, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Latest vote results will help Brake decide which way to jump (insidecroydon.com)
- Bob a Job! Hilley volunteers for a garden shift in Waddon (insidecroydon.com)
- Sutton LibDem councillor switches to Labour over incinerator (insidecroydon.com)