And here’s another, if somewhat minor but no less crass example of how Croydon Council executives, earning six-figure salaries, are flagrantly and deliberately squandering your money.
On this occasion, it has been done with the knowledge of the leader of Croydon Council, Mike Fisher, and his deputy, Tim Pollard, and presumably condoned by them.
It’s another £250 to be spent on processing a Freedom of Information request. Except no such request was actually made.
Yesterday, Inside Croydon sent an email to a public servant, chief executive Jon Rouse, and the borough’s solicitor, Julie Belvir, which included a couple of questions.
One of them was a request for the contact details for the council’s new press office head.
Nearly four hours later, this is the response we received:
Dear Mr Downes,
Thank you for your e mail which is being referred to the FOI team.
Director of Democratic & Legal Services
Democratic & Legal Services
London Borough of Croydon
Tel: 020 8686 4433 Ext. 64985
Croydon Council’s motto, in case you needed reminding, is “Proud to Serve”.
And presumably they believe that the acronym FOI stands for something other than Freedom of Information.
- Inside Croydon: Post your comments on this article below. If you have a news story about life in or around Croydon, email us at email@example.com
- Council to spend £1m to furnish its new headquarters (insidecroydon.com)
- Croydon Council and a numbers game that doesn’t add up (insidecroydon.com)
- Croydon Council and the cuts: playing a numbers game (insidecroydon.com)
- Council cover-up fails to hide crucial missed riots meeting (insidecroydon.com)