They will sing Vivaldi’s Gloria and A Tale of Old Japan by Coleridge-Taylor, the celebrated Croydon-based composer who died, when aged just 39, in 1912.
The concert begins at 7.30pm at St Matthew’s Church, Chichester Road, East Croydon, CR0 5NQ.
Tickets (including programme) £10. Family tickets (2 adults and up to 3 children) £25. Available in advance from 020 8405 2172 or at the door.
- Published this month by Norbury-based History and Social Action Publications is Samuel Coleridge-Taylor: A Centenary Celebration by Jeffrey Green. The book is available from H&SAP, 6 Oakhill Rd, London, SW16 5RG (cheques for £4.50, to include postage and packing, payable to Sean Creighton).
- Inside Croydon: For comment and analysis about Croydon, from inside Croydon. Not from Redhill. Post your comments on this article below. If you have a news story about life in or around Croydon, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- South Norwood youth scheme that offers a clean slate (insidecroydon.com)
- Croydon’s list of great residents omits David Lean. Why? (insidecroydon.com)
- Warehouse supporter accuses council of “devious” plan (insidecroydon.com)