Today, at the war memorial by the Croydon Clocktower from noon till 1pm, Croydon CND will be marking the 67th anniversary of the dropping of atomic bombs on the Japanese cities of Hiroshima and Nagasaki.
Jim Clugston, Croydon CND secretary and local Green activist, says that the peace campaigners would welcome Croydon people at their Slient Peace Vigil, “held in remembrance of the suffering and horrific loss of life that the nuclear weapons wrought”.
- Inside Croydon: For comment and analysis about Croydon, from inside Croydon
- Post your comments on this article below. If you have a news story about life in or around Croydon, a residents’ or business association or local event, please email us with full details at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Harry Truman’s grandson arrives in Japan for Hiroshima visit (telegraph.co.uk)
- Hiroshima – Why America Dropped the Bomb (judgementofamerica.wordpress.com)
- After Hiroshima: Portraits of Survivors (life.time.com)