The event will feature a tech panel of local technical startup experts – including Simon Bird, the founder of software company dotDigital, who will be doing a question and answer session to give advice, help and suggestions about how non-techies could go about starting to create an app, website or computer program.
There will also be a talk by Andrew Brackin, an 18-year-old from just outside Croydon, in Warlingham, who has already sold two dotcom businesses and is now building his third tech company, plus a product demo from David Lee, who has built Smart Dresser, a virtual changing room app that offers access to hundreds of outfits from online fashion retailers.
The meeting begins at 7pm at Matthew’s Yard, the coffee shop off Surrey Street.
Some of the previous coverage on Inside Croydon:
- Tech start-ups offer better prospects than more failing retail
- Dozen primaries sign up for Code Club afterschool lessons
- Stop the search: here’s a phone app to protect public rights
- Inside Croydon: For comment and analysis about Croydon, from inside Croydon – not from Watford or Dorking: 253,473 page views Sep 2012-Feb 2013
- Post your comments on this article below. If you have a news story about life in or around Croydon, a residents’ or business association or local event, please email us with full details at email@example.com