Public accountability? Not if you were expecting any answers…
London Assembly Member Fiona Twycross yesterday tabled a couple of questions to London Mayor Boris Johnson about the south London incinerator that is proposed to be built at Beddington Lane with what even its developers, Viridor, admit to be a “technically inappropriate” scheme.
Boris failed to answer any of the questions.
He couldn’t – he will later have to rule on the plans and to comment publicly now might see him as pre-judging the issue.
So not much point in raising those questions then, really, was there?
Judge for yourself:
- Incinerator campaign turns to Miliband family for legal help
- Tory councillor acts as delivery boy for £1bn incinerator company
- Ashes to ashes: Only Boris can stop Viridor incinerator now
- Inside Croydon: For comment and analysis about Croydon, from inside Croydon
- Post your comments on this article below. If you have a news story about life in or around Croydon, a residents’ or business association or local event, please email us with full details at firstname.lastname@example.org