Inside Croydon Towers has been inundated with mail.
Both had been sent first class. Both were sent by Croydon Council. And both to try to promote the very same event.
So the letters could have gone out second class.
But most perplexing has been the duplicate despatch of the leaflet. Either someone at the Town Hall is doubly keen to get Inside Croydon to attend the event, or there’s been a bollock dropped in the mail room, with cash-strapped Croydon Council paying first-class rates for this mailshot not once, but twice.
Whatever would the TaxPayers’ Alliance make of such a waste of public money?
Was Inside Croydon just a one-off, or has our loyal reader received the same leaflet from Croydon Council more than once? Do let us know.
But use email – it’s quicker and much cheaper.
- “One of the best things about Inside Croydon is its ability to make a tremendously boring story very interesting indeed”
- Post your comments on this article below. If you have a news story about life in or around Croydon, a residents’ or business association or local event, please email us with full details at email@example.com
- ‘They’re flogging our cultural gems’ (standard.co.uk)
- Croydon woman £9,000 benefits con (thesun.co.uk)
- Tia Sharp murder house undergoes demolition (itv.com)