Inside Croydon is delighted to be able to offer two pairs of tickets for the new musical based on Doris Day’s life story, Secret Love, starring Claudia Morris which is being performed at the Ashcroft Theatre next month.
Courtesy of the show’s producers, two Inside Croydon readers will be able to take a guest with them to the Ashcroft Theatre on November 14 to see Morris perform the highly acclaimed new play with music about the life and tunes of one of Hollywood’s biggest and most loved stars.
Morris, working with with pianist and musical director Malcolm Edmonstone, and director and writer Phil Wilmott, has created the show telling the story of Doris Day’s life through song, with guest actors playing the parts of the men in her life. The show includes new arrangements of Doris Day classics.
Que sera, sera
To win, all you have to do is answer a simple question:
Name the movie directed by Londoner Alfred Hitchcock in which Doris Day co-starred with James Stewart and she sang the Oscar-winning song, Que sera, sera (Whatever will be will be), the tune so beloved of football fans ever since
Answers, by email only please, to email@example.com, writing “Doris Day competition” in the subject field, and a daytime contact number. Don’t delay: the first two correct entries received will win.
T&Cs and rules and stuff: usual Inside Croydon terms and conditions apply. Competition entrants need to be available to attend the performance of Secret Love on the evening of November 14. No alternative prize is available.
Closing date is October 23, 2013 or when two correct answers are received, whichever is the sooner.
The editor’s decision is final. Winners will be contacted with details of how to access their tickets.
- For more details about Morris and the Secret Love tour visit http://www.claudiamorris-music.com
Coming to Croydon
- The Firebird, family concert: Oct 20
- Lakes Playground group’s fundraising Zumba-ween: Oct 26
- PJ’s enterprising look at Black History Month: Oct 29
- The Railway Children: Oct 30-Nov 2
- St Giles School open morning: Nov 13
- Secret Love at the Ashcroft Theatre: Nov 14
- Future Tech City: Nov 30
- Inside Croydon: Croydon’s only independent news source, based in the heart of the borough – 262,183 page views (Jan-Jun 2013)
- Post your comments on this article below.
- If you have a news story about life in or around Croydon, a residents’ or business association or local event, please email us with full details at firstname.lastname@example.org