Our thanks to Dave Pettener, of the Stop the Incinerator Campaign, for his latest piece of digital craftwork.
Taking the audio feed from the Sutton Council planning meeting in the summer when key councillors went back on their previous positions and decided to vote in favour of building an incinerator at Beddington Lane, Pettener has ably illustrated and animated the considered thoughts of Councillor Stephen Fenwick. Although as you watch the video below, you’ll realise that when we say “considered” and “thoughts”…
Well, press the PLAY button and you’ll soon see what we mean.
Fenwick lived in Beddington until very recently.At a previous planning meeting, held just a few weeks earlier, Fenwick had reflected the views of local residents living near the Beddington Lane site and voted against the proposal.
But when the matter was dragged back before them in undue haste, Fenwick and all the LibDem councillors on that planning committee this time voted for the incinerator, while the opposition on Sutton Council, all Conservative councillors, opposed.
Inside Croydon’s loyal reader will know which political party at Croydon Town Hall broke their election pledges on the incinerator issue.
- Flawed inspection regime highlights health risks of incinerators
- Boris’s deputy gives green light to £1bn incinerator scheme
- Environment Agency has failed London on incinerator permit
Coming to Croydon
- Summer in February: Nov 18
- Library’s Dr Who day: Nov 23
- Much Ado About Nothing: Nov 25
- Future Tech City: Nov 30
- Follow in the footsteps of “Puff Puff” Pirie: Dec 1
- Comedy in Music show: Dec 1
- Steve Knightly at Stanley Halls: Feb 5
- Inside Croydon: Croydon’s only independent news source, based in the heart of the borough – 262,183 page views (Jan-Jun 2013)
- Post your comments on this article below.
- If you have a news story about life in or around Croydon, a residents’ or business association or local event, please email us with full details at email@example.com