The Crystal Palace Overground Festival is set to return this summer, for its eighth year.
The free four-day event will run from June 26 to 29 at venues across Crystal Palace and the Upper Norwood Triangle. More than 6,000 attendees are expected.
Festival goers can look forward to a feast of performing arts, crafts, holistic and sports activities, live music, DJs and food stalls, plus antique, craft and vintage shopping.
The festival will start with fringe events on Thursday 26 and Friday 27 around Crystal Palace in anticipation of the main big festival weekend. Westow Park will be the main festival hub on Saturday 28 with Sunday 29 focusing around the Upper Norwood Triangle.
In 2013, 155 performers and artists took part and 60 events were held throughout the region which was a new record for traders and venues getting involved in the Festival.
The Crystal Palace Overground Festival relies on volunteers, sponsorship, fundraising and the support of the local community. The organisers are actively seeking new volunteers to assist with the 2014 festival.
- For more information and to get involved, visit www.crystalpalacefestival.org
Coming to Croydon
- Chinese New Year children’s event, Upper Norwood Library, Feb 18
- This War! St Gertrude’s Theatre group, Feb 19-22
- Welsh myths children’s event, Upper Norwood Library, Feb 20
- Norwood Society talk, Upper Norwood Library, Feb 20
- Mr Pooter comes to Croydon, Feb 20-22
- Warm and Well event, Upper Norwood Library, Feb 22
- Stop the Incinerator fund-raiser, Feb 24
- Fairtrade Film night, Antenna Cafe, Haynes Lane, Feb 27
- Fairtrade event, Upper Norwood Library, Mar 1
- Coulsdon and Purley Debating Society, Mar 3
- Patchwork and quilting workshop, Upper Norwood Library, Mar 3
- Fairtrade stall at Food Market, Haynes Lane, Mar 8
- Upper Norwood Library Book Club, Mar 15
- Norwood Society talk, Upper Norwood Library, Mar 20
- South Norwood Lakes Playground group workshop, Mar 25
- Croydon Half-marathon, Mar 30
Inside Croydon: Croydon’s only independent news source, based in the heart of the borough: 516,649 page views (Jan-Dec 2013)
If you have a news story about life in or around Croydon, a residents’ or business association or local event, please email us with full details at firstname.lastname@example.org