The first concert of 2014 for the Croydon Male Voice Choir takes place this Saturday, February 22.
The performance begins at 7.30pm and is taking place at St Francis Church on Ravenswood Avenue, West Wickham. It is the choir’s first concert performance for some time, as they have been busy rehearsing numbers for a new CD which they are due to record soon.
Formed in 1975, the Croydon Male Voice Choir might be best known for its part in organising a special Diamond Jubilee concert at the Fairfield Halls in 2012, which involved a dozen choirs from across the capital to create a unique 400-voice choir for the occasion.
The Croydon Male Voice Choir’s next confirmed concert dates are in May, when they go on a tour to Norwich, including performing at the cathedral. Later in the year, they are also due to perform at Winchester Cathedral.
The Croydon Male Voice Choir meets each Thursday at Sandilands in Addiscombe. For further details about their performance schedule or joining, contact the secretary, email@example.com, or visit their website.
Coming to Croydon
- Chinese New Year children’s event, Upper Norwood Library, Feb 18
- This War! St Gertrude’s Theatre group, Feb 19-22
- Welsh myths children’s event, Upper Norwood Library, Feb 20
- Norwood Society talk, Upper Norwood Library, Feb 20
- Mr Pooter comes to Croydon, Feb 20-22
- Warm and Well event, Upper Norwood Library, Feb 22
- Stop the Incinerator fund-raiser, Feb 24
- Fairtrade Film night, Antenna Cafe, Haynes Lane, Feb 27
- Fairtrade event, Upper Norwood Library, Mar 1
- Coulsdon and Purley Debating Society, Mar 3
- Patchwork and quilting workshop, Upper Norwood Library, Mar 3
- Fairtrade stall at Food Market, Haynes Lane, Mar 8
- Upper Norwood Library Book Club, Mar 15
- Norwood Society talk, Upper Norwood Library, Mar 20
- South Norwood Lakes Playground group workshop, Mar 25
- Croydon Half-marathon, Mar 30
- Crystal Palace Overground Festival, June 26-29
Inside Croydon: Croydon’s only independent news source, based in the heart of the borough: 516,649 page views (Jan-Dec 2013)
If you have a news story about life in or around Croydon, a residents’ or business association or local event, please email us with full details at firstname.lastname@example.org