Organisers of this year’s Crystal Palace Overground Festival are seeking bands, artists and performers of any genre for this year’s event. All acts should be available to perform on Saturday, June 28 at Westow Park.
“All original music styles are welcome,” says Daphnea Wenham, the festival’s music director, who’s worked on the festival for the past three years. “It’s a great opportunity for bands looking to gain exposure so if you think you’ve got something to contribute, we want to hear from you.”
Now in its eighth year, the Crystal Palace Overground Festival, which runs from June 26 to 29, is fast becoming a major player on the south London festival circuit, with more than 200 musical acts and artists applying last year for one of eight coveted places on the outdoor music stage at Westow Park.
Closing date for entries this year is Sunday March 23, and all confirmed bands, artists and performers will be notified in mid-April.
To find out more, visit the festival website www.crystalpalacefestival.org and complete the online application form.
The Crystal Palace Overground Festival will run at venues across Crystal Palace and the Upper Norwood Triangle with upwards of 6,000 attendees expected.
Coming to Croydon
- Upper Norwood Library Book Club, Mar 15
- March of the Mods at Oval Tavern for Teenage Cancer Trust, Mar 16
- St Patrick’s Night celebration, Ruskin House, Mar 17
- Norwood Society Talk: West Norwood Cemetery, Mar 20
- South Norwood Lakes Playground group workshop, Mar 25
- David Lean Cinema: Basically Johnny Moped, Mar 27-28
- Croydon Half-marathon, Mar 30
- David Lean Cinema: 12 Years a Slave, Apr 3
- David Lean Cinema: The Great Beauty, Apr 10
- Norwood Society Talk: Crystal Palace, Apr 17
- David Lean Cinema: Inside Llewyn Davis, Apr 17
- Opening of Marlpit Lane bowling and putting greens, Apr 17
- Arts and Crafts Market, Exchange Square, Apr 19
- David Lean Cinema: Short Term, Apr 24
- Norwood Society Talk: West Norwood – a place of change, May 15
- Norwood Society Talk: The Concrete Church, June 19
- Crystal Palace Overground Festival, June 26-29
- Norwood Society Talk: War Memorials, Sep 18
- Norwood Society Talk: From Fire Station to Theatre, Oct 16
- Norwood Society Talk: Lambeth’s Archives, Nov 20
Inside Croydon: Croydon’s only independent news source, based in the heart of the borough: 516,649 page views (Jan-Dec 2013)
If you have a news story about life in or around Croydon, a residents’ or business association or local event, please email us with full details at email@example.com