Residents are organising a public meeting to discuss the plans for the development of Cane Hill and the council’s scheme to develop Lion Green Road car park.
Many residents are increasingly concerned that council-backed plans for a second access road from Cane Hill is an uncosted, pre-election offer which would not necessarily address the traffic issues created by building a nearly 700 new homes on the site.
And there remains significant reservations about how Croydon Council wants to build a supermarket on the Lion Green car park, the loss of parking in the town centre and the traffic impact which such a development will have.
Councillors and developers have been invited to the meeting.
- Cane Hill road deal not enough to stop all residents’ objections
- Council leader Fisher commits to paying for Cane Hill road
- Perry’s double life as building supplier and planning official
- Angry Coulsdon residents want to break away from Croydon
Coming to Croydon
- David Lean Cinema: Basically Johnny Moped, Mar 27-28
- Crystal Palace Question Time, Mar 27
- Croydon Half-marathon, Mar 30
- David Lean Cinema: 12 Years a Slave, Apr 3
- David Lean Cinema: The Great Beauty, Apr 10
- Norwood Society Talk: Crystal Palace, Apr 17
- David Lean Cinema: Inside Llewyn Davis, Apr 17
- Opening of Marlpit Lane bowling and putting greens, Apr 17
- Lives Not Knives Music at the Unit, Apr 19
- Arts and Crafts Market, Exchange Square, Apr 19
- David Lean Cinema: Short Term, Apr 24
- Norwood Society Talk: West Norwood – a place of change, May 15
- Croydon RFC charity memorial day, May 17
- Norwood Society Talk: The Concrete Church, June 19
- Crystal Palace Overground Festival, June 26-29
- Norwood Society Talk: War Memorials, Sep 18
- Norwood Society Talk: From Fire Station to Theatre, Oct 16
- Norwood Society Talk: Lambeth’s Archives, Nov 20
Inside Croydon: Croydon’s only independent news source, based in the heart of the borough: 516,649 page views (Jan-Dec 2013)
If you have a news story about life in or around Croydon, a residents’ or business association or local event, please email us with full details at firstname.lastname@example.org