There can be no misunderstanding of “the challenge” (that’s PRspeak for “work”, or “problem”) facing the incoming Labour council after they have done their funny handshakes and rolled up their trouser legs or whatever it is that they do at the “Mayor Making” at the Town Hall this evening.
This video nasty was posted online this morning by Timothy Godfrey, the Selhurst councillor and a member of the new Labour council cabinet.
“This is the public face of Croydon between Queens Gardens to Fairfield. A complete disgrace,” Godfrey said.
“This has been a running battle by me for last couple of years,” Godfrey said on Twitter. “Basic cleansing not done. Big campaign by new administration.”
Not a moment too soon, as far as Inside Croydon’s loyal reader is concerned.
Our reader sent us these pictures from Thornton Heath yesterday.
“It would be impressive if it wasn’t quite so sad,” our reader offered.
“I think weekly bin collections would help greatly. I see some bins full the day after they’re collected and they won’t be collected for another two weeks.”
We wait and watch with interest.
- Fly tipping more than doubled in Croydon since 2010
- Dirty Croydon: “I’m ashamed of the dirty state of my road”
- Croydon in a Pickles again over its rubbish service
- Inside Croydon: Croydon’s only independent news source, based in the heart of the borough: 72,342 average monthly page views (Jan-Mar 2014).
- If you have a news story about life in or around Croydon, a residents’ or business association or local event, please email us with full details at firstname.lastname@example.org