Wilfried Zaha, one of Crystal Palace’s most popular players of recent years, could be on his way back to Selhurst Park, just a year after his £15 million move to Manchester United.
Signed by United when Sir Alex Ferguson was still in charge, after remaining with Palace on loan as they secured promotion to the Premier League a year ago, Zaha never broke into the United first team under their new manager, David Moyes, and with Louis van Gaal due to take over later this summer, the 21-year-old England international winger looks to be surplus to requirements at Old Trafford.
Zaha made just two appearances as a substitute for United and endured a disengaged spell on loan at relegation strugglers Cardiff at the end of last season.
The Daily Mail is reporting that Palace manager Tony Pulis has made enquiries about the availability of Zaha while in Brazil for the World Cup, as he looks to strengthen the Eagles squad.
Coming to Croydon
- Classic Car Show at Purley Rotary Fields, June 22
- David Lean Cinema: Feet from Stardom, June 23
- Crystal Palace Overground Festival, June 26-29
- David Lean Cinema: The Lunchbox, June 26
- Warnings to the Curious, Spread Eagle Theatre, June 27
- Metamono Secrets of Nature, Upper Norwood, June 27
- St Peter’s Village Fayre, South Croydon, June 28
- South Norwood Allotments open day, June 28
- Fragile, Spread Eagle Theatre, July 24-26
- Coast to Capital business briefing, July 4
- CODA’s Midsummer Night’s Dream at Wandle Park, Jul 30-Aug 2
- Elm Tree Cottage garden open day, Aug 10
- Norwood Society Talk: War Memorials, Sep 18
- Norwood Society Talk: From Fire Station to Theatre, Oct 16
- Norwood Society Talk: Lambeth’s Archives, Nov 20
Inside Croydon: Croydon’s only independent news source, based in the heart of the borough: 72,342 average monthly page views (Jan-Mar 2014)
If you have a news story about life in or around Croydon, a residents’ or business association or local event, please email us with full details at firstname.lastname@example.org