A unique new internet job match-making programme developed by 3D Change, a Croydon regeneration business, makes its debut at the South London Jobs Fair being staged at the Fairfield Halls tomorrow.
Launch for Jobs has been designed and built to match Housing Association tenants with job vacancies and support them with an extensive range of tools including a CV-builder, links to training opportunities, and book interviews.
Dozens of Housing Associations, plus more than 50 local businesses as well as Croydon Council, are backing Launch for Jobs. But what makes it especially powerful is the way it links in with a range of other employment and regeneration initiatives developed by 3D Change to ensure local people get the best chance of local jobs.
“We’ve been supporting Housing Associations to maximise opportunities for local businesses for some time, so our Launch for Jobs programme is the next logical step,” Moira Skinner, 3D Change’s managing director, said.
Hundreds of local jobs are already on the Launch for Jobs network which allows users to tailor CVs to specific jobs and sectors, book training and interviews using an online diary, receive a job gauge rating for how prepared they are for a specific vacancy, and get access to 3D Change’s jobs brokerage team.
Thousands of job opportunities are already on the system from 3D Change’s pool of small, medium and large companies in and around south London, including Virgin Media, Chequers Contracts and BSW Heating.
Coming to Croydon
- South London Jobs Fair, Fairfield Halls, Oct 21
- David Lean Cinema: Mood Indigo, Oct 23
- This Was The World and I Was King, Spread Eagle, Oct 23-25
- South Norwood Country Park Family Fun Day, Oct 25
- Upper Norwood Library Book Club, 2.30pm, Oct 25
- David Lean Cinema: Ilo Ilo, Oct 28
- CODA’s Wind In The Willows, Charles Cryer, Carshalton, Oct 29-Nov 1
- David Lean Cinema: Belle, Oct 30
- NHS free health fair, Central Parade, New Addington, Oct 31
- MOPAC policing meeting, Surrey Street, Nov 4
- Personal safety training for volunteers, Nov 4
- St Giles School opening morning, Nov 5
- Grange Park bulb-planting event, Nov 8
- Brook recording studio open day and party, Nov 9
- Albert Einstein – Relativity Speaking, Spread Eagle, Nov 12-15
- Oval Tavern Folk Club, Nov 14
- South Croydon business breakfast, Nov 15
- Personal safety training for volunteers, Nov 17
- Norwood Society Talk: Lambeth’s Archives, Nov 20
- Choose Your Own Documentary, Spread Eagle Theatre, Nov 21-22
- The Last Sense of Sudden, Spread Eagle Theatre, Nov 27-29
- Ghost Stories for Christmas, Spread Eagle Theatre, Dec 3
- Fog Horn Funnies, Spread Eagle Theatre, Dec 6
- Coulsdon Yulefest, Dec 6-7
- Oval Tavern Folk Club, Dec 7
- South Croydon business breakfast, Dec 13
- South Croydon business breakfast, Jan 24
Inside Croydon: Croydon’s only independent news source, based in the heart of the borough: 407,847 page views (Jan-Jun 2014) If you have a news story about life in or around Croydon, a residents’ or business association or local event, please email us with full details at email@example.com