Double Grammy Award-nominee Amy is widely regarded as one of the country’s most successful female singer-songwriters. Over the course of five solo albums, two collaborations, numerous compositions for other artists and hundreds of live performances all over the globe, she has established an outstanding body of work.
She has recently written songs with numerous upcoming songwriters, including Ed Sheeran, who released an EP, “Songs I Wrote With Amy”. BBC Radio 2’s Bob Harris describes her as ,”An irresistible, riveting performer”.
Luke is a rising young Roots singer-songwriter from Canterbury, Kent , and 2013 saw him nominated for both the Horizon Award for Best Emerging Talent and the BBC Radio 2 Young Folk Award.
With a bold, show stopping voice and honed guitar skills, Luke is a confident and captivating performer demonstrating an astonishing maturity. He has been making waves on the live acoustic scene and delivered startling performances at UK festivals, from Cambridge to Sidmouth and The Great British Folk Festival. According to Acoustic Magazine, he is “an outstanding heir to the likes of Richard Thompson and Martin Simpson”. With a wealth of finely observed narrative songs, his most recent album, “Fumes and Faith” emphasises the exceptional maturity and versatility.
Doors Open: 7.30pm
Ticket Price: £13.20 (inc booking fee)
Box Office: 0333 666 3366
Online booking: https://www.ticketsource.co.uk/boxoffice/select/psAZbNawuYOo
Coming to Croydon
- David Lean Cinema, Mr Turner, Jan 8
- David Lean Cinema, Leviathan, Jan 13
- Norwood Society talk: Penge, the making of a suburb, Jan 15
- David Lean Cinema, The 78 Project Movie, Jan 15
- David Lean Cinema, Hannah Arendt, Jan 20
- David Lean Cinema, The Imitation Game, Jan 22
- South Croydon business breakfast, Jan 24
- David Lean Cinema, Night Will Fall, Jan 27 (Holocaust Memorial Day)
- David Lean Cinema, Kon-Tiki, Jan 29
- Soul Symphony Community Choir taster session, Feb 3
- Norwood Society talk: Crystal Palace and Dulwich, Feb 19
- Norwood Society talk: Charlies Dickens in Norwood, Mar 19
- Norwood Society: Balloons and airships at Crystal Palace, Apr 16
Inside Croydon: Croydon’s only independent news source, based in the heart of the borough: 729,297 page views in 2014. If you have a news story about life in or around Croydon, a residents’ or business association or local event, please email us with full details at firstname.lastname@example.org