Farleigh Golf Club has partnered with Crystal Palace Football Club Foundation to make the game more accessible to youngsters in and around Croydon and south London.
As part of the innovative Premier League 4 Sport (PL4S) project, Crystal Palace Football Club Foundation is running introductory coaching sessions with Farleigh’s professional, Steve Stiller.
Aimed at 14- to 25-year-olds, the programme provides complimentary Street Golf afterschool activities, as well as regular one hour group “Give Golf a Go” sessions at Farleigh from 12pm to 1pm on Saturdays.
“We have been working in the local area for some time but to have the support of a well-known and loved sports club like Crystal Palace is a big help in opening the game of golf up to youngsters,” Stiller said.
“Footballers are well-known for their love of golf, and I’m delighted that Farleigh is working with them to help bring the game to even more first-time golfers.”
Roxanne Bennett, a sports development officer at CPFC Foundation, said: “We are really excited to work alongside Steve and Farleigh Golf Club. We feel confident that through Premier League 4 Sport we will be able to reach more young people and demonstrate the positive life skills that the game promotes.”
Andy Wright, the regional development officer for the Golf Foundation said:“It is great to be working with Farleigh, a very enthusiastic partner. The next year should be a very exciting one for all involved.”
- To register for the complimentary one-hour golf sessions at Farleigh, in conjunction with Crystal Palace FC Foundation, please contact Farleigh’s Golf Shop on email@example.com or call 01883 627711.
- For more information, visit www.farleighfox.co.uk or www.cpfcfoundation.org
- Still Croydon’s only independent news source, and based in the heart of the borough: 1.97 million page views 2013-2015
- Inside Croydon: Named among best regional media campaigns, 2014
- If you have a news story about life in or around Croydon, a residents’ or business association or local event to publicise, please email us with full details at firstname.lastname@example.org