The London Mozart Players have arrived in Upper Norwood, and are encouraging people to see them perform in their new home in a free concert at St John’s next month.
The LMP offer an afternoon of music, art and performance from 3pm on Sunday, October 23, and after the concert the chance to mingle with the musicians and experience:
- A preview of the critically acclaimed series ‘Bach to Baby’ – Classical concerts for babies & toddlers
- Food and drink stalls by suppliers from the Crystal Palace Food Market (a Transition Town project)
- An interactive kids art workshop led by a local artist
- An art exhibition in the foyer of St John the Evangelist
The concert programme, for Sunday October 23, is:
Handel “Arrival of the Queen of Sheba”
Piazzolla Autumn from “The Four Seasons”
Grainger “Londonderry Air”
Vivaldi Concerto for Two Trumpets
Mozart Symphony No. 29
This is a free event but there are limited places, so please book in advance to avoid disappointment.
You can help support future community projects and concerts by giving a donation.
- Inside Croydon Events: with free listings for community events, these are updated daily for a comprehensive guide to what’s going on near you
- Still Croydon’s only independent news source, and based in the heart of the borough: 1.97 million page views 2013-2015
- Inside Croydon: Named among best regional media campaigns, 2014
- If you have a news story about life in or around Croydon, a residents’ or business association or local event to publicise, please email us with full details at firstname.lastname@example.org