The latest Talking Inside Croydon event gives our loyal reader the chance to hear John Grindrod talk about his new book, Outskirts, Living Life on the Edge of the Green Belt.
The free event will be staged on Wednesday, July 26 from 7pm at St Andrew’s Church on Southbridge Road.
Grindrod’s critically acclaimed first book, Concretopia, told of the rebuilding of Britain after the 1939-1945 war.
Grindrod was brought up in New Addington, on the fringes of the city and the countryside, and his latest book outlines the planning and social impact of the Green Belt, the concept’s history, and its effects on housing and the development of our towns and cities.
Talking Inside Croydon events are intended to provide a unique, sometimes serious, often off-beat and eclectic set of talks by experts, authors and novelists about their work, and the news and the issues of the day.
The talk is free entry (though booking is essential), and all will provide an opportunity to ask questions of the speaker. Places are limited, so make sure you book yours as soon as possible.
- Talking Inside Croydon with John Grindrod.
- At St Andrew’s Church, Southbridge Road, CR0 1AG on Wednesday, July 26, doors open 7pm.
- The event is free of charge, though we do ask for contributions towards refreshments and staging costs.
- There will be an opportunity at the event to buy signed copies of John Grindrod’s Outskirts.
Entry is strictly ticketed.
To apply for your place (or places) please email email@example.com and write “Grindrod July 26” in the subject field, and include your name and daytime contact phone number in the body of the email, together with the number of places you require (and the names of all attendees).
If you have a question to ask in the Q&A after his talk, please include it in your email.
All details may be subject to change.
The organisers reserve all rights, and booking terms and conditions apply. By booking a place at Talking Inside Croydon, a reader agrees that they will comply with these terms and conditions. Any refusal to act in accordance with these terms and conditions may lead to refusal of entry or removal from the event
- Talking Inside Croydon design work by Carl Conway at www.magmaart.co.uk
- Inside Croydon is Croydon’s only independent news source, still based in the heart of the borough. In April-May 2017, we averaged 32,000 page views every week
- If you have a news story about life in or around Croydon, a residents’ or business association or a local event to publicise, please email us with full details at firstname.lastname@example.org