A popular community movie group in SE25 has undergone a makeover – and is offering £2 off every screening ticket to signed-up supporters of Inside Croydon
South Norwood’s people’s film club has made the final break with its past, and what was Stanley’s Film Club is now planted firmly in SE25 with its new name, Screen25.
With screenings now taking place at Harris Academy South Norwood, the film club which started out at Stanley Halls has opted to re-brand, distancing itself from its original location, where it was forced out earlier this year.
With the new venue and logo also comes a new ticketing scheme, which includes the removal of all booking fees. “We’ll pay them so you don’t have to,” the Screen25 organisers say in an announcement this morning.
“We chose a name that offers a sense of place and reflects our commitment to the South Norwood community. Come and join us in our new home at the Harris Academy, where we will continue to showcase a diverse range of high quality films from around the world, on the biggest screen in SE25.”
Katie Brandwood, the club’s director, and the Screen25 team have introduced a range of concessionary and membership options in order to make their films as affordable as possible:
- £8.50 – Adult Standard
- £7.00 – Over 65s, full-time students, registered disabled people, unemployed
- £6.50 – for supporters of Inside Croydon (one ticket per screening) – who will be given a special discount code to use when booking
- £5.00 – Young Adults (15-25s)
- £4.00 – Under 14s
These prices take immediate effect. The latest month’s programme details can be found here.
There’s also a renewed membership offer. Members receive up to four free tickets and pay as little as £4.50 for a cinema ticket, with a discount of £2.50 on standard and concessionary tickets. The cost of signing up for a year’s membership has been reduced to just £25 for everyone, with a £40 “Membership Plus” option.
- For the cost of one over-priced coffee each month, you can support the local journalism that brings you Inside Croydon, and get a range of benefits and exclusive offers. Click here to sign-up as a donor
- Inside Croydon is a member of the Independent Community News Network
- Inside Croydon is the borough’s only independent news source, and still based in the heart of Croydon
- 1 MILLION PAGE VIEWS IN 2017 (January to September)
- If you have a news story about life in or around Croydon, a residents’ or business association or a local event to publicise, please email us with full details at firstname.lastname@example.org