The Sanderstead Dramatic Club celebrates its 110th year by staging a panto classic that offers tales of witches, wolves and dark, dark woods.
Running from January 6 to 13 at the All Saints Parish Hall in Sanderstead, audiences will be transfixed by Red Riding Hood as she tries to escape the evil clutches and curse of Morgana, the Witch of the Woods.
With an original script by John Desbottes, SDC’s chairman and director, the fun-filled adventure features a live band of talented local musicians, choreography from local dance school Dance with Grace, and scenery designed by local artist Di Ralston and her team.
Red Riding Hood is the 79th annual pantomime staged by what is thought to be Croydon’s longest established amdram group.
“It’s always fun to revisit classic stories and add a new twist, so we’ve had a great time rehearsing this show,” Desbottes said.
“The club has been entertaining audiences for 110 years now, and it’s fantastic to see lots of new local people come and take part in, and watch, our pantomimes.”
Tickets are on sale at the Box Office now, starting at £7 for children, £10 for adults and £9 for senior citizens. Tickets can be purchased online at www.sdclub.org.uk or by calling 07864 698 429.
Founded in 1907, SDC has produced its annual pantomime every year, breaking only during the First and Second World Wars. The club also runs a summer play in June and has an active social programme. SDC can be found tweeting at @Drama_SDC and on Facebook.
- For less than the cost of an overpriced coffee each month, you can help to support the kind of journalism which publishes material that your council tries to whitewash, and get a range of benefits and exclusive offers as well. Click here to sign-up as an Inside Croydon donor
- Inside Croydon is a member of the Independent Community News Network
- Inside Croydon is the borough’s only independent news source, and still based in the heart of Croydon
- 1 MILLION PAGE VIEWS IN 2017 (January to September)
- If you have a news story about life in or around Croydon, a residents’ or business association or a local event to publicise, please email us with full details at email@example.com