There are an extra two screenings scheduled for South Norwood’s new film club next month, as Screen25 holds its first ever Saturday Morning Pictures with an animation classic.
And there’s another chance to see The Big Sick, with a Bring Along Baby morning screening.
Add into the mix the acclaimed Detroit, the Hungarian comedy Kills on Wheels, and a special Valentine’s Night screening, and there’s lots on offer for film buffs.
And Inside Croydon sponsors get a £2 discount off their tickets when they book using the unique code.
All films are at 7.45pm, £5 – £8.50 (£2.50 off tickets for members; £2 off for Inside Croydon subscribers) and held at Harris Academy South Norwood, SE25 6AE, unless otherwise stated
Screen25 Film Club programme: February
Sat Feb 3 – FAMILY FILM CLUB: ZARAFA (PG) – 10.30am
2015 Animation Fr/Bel 77min. Dir: Rémi Bezançon, Jean-Christophe Lie
Beautifully animated adventure about a Sudanese boy who escapes from slave traders to become the protector of an orphaned giraffe. A thrilling adventure with a touch of history!
Wed Feb 7 – DETROIT (15)
2017 US Drama 140min. Dir: Kathryn Bigelow
Detroit, 1967. When a shot is heard at the Algiers Motel, a group of rogue police officers respond with retribution rather than justice on their minds.
Wed Feb 14 – VALENTINE’S SPECIAL: BEFORE SUNRISE (15)
1995 Romantic Drama UK 93min. Dir: Richard Linklater
A couple of twentysomethings meet on a train in Europe, sense a connection and explore after-hours Vienna together. The perfect film for Valentine’s Night.
Thu Feb 15 – BRING ALONG BABY: THE BIG SICK (15) – 11am
2017 Rom/Com Pak 117min. Dir: Michael Showalter.
Parent and baby screening. As Pakistan-born comedian Kumail and grad student Emily begin fall in love, their relationship is put to the test when cultures begin to clash.
Wed Feb 21 – KILLS ON WHEELS (PG)
2017 Drama Hun 102min. Dir: Attila Till
Two disabled teenagers team up with a wheelchair-using hitman. An inventive, action-packed coming-of-age Hungarian comedy about friendship, loyalty and retribution.
Wed Feb 28 – THE PARTY (15)
2017 Drama UK 71mins. Dir: Sally Potter
Janet hosts a party to celebrate her new promotion, but once the guests arrive it becomes clear that not everything is going to go down as smoothly as the red wine. A hilarious comedy of tragic proportions.
- For the cost of one over-priced coffee each month, you can support the local journalism that brings you Inside Croydon, and save money every time you go to a Screen25 screening, one of a range of benefits and exclusive offers. Click here to sign-up as a donor
- Inside Croydon is a member of the Independent Community News Network
- Inside Croydon is the borough’s only independent news source, and still based in the heart of Croydon
- 1 MILLION PAGE VIEWS IN 2017 (January to September)
- ROTTEN BOROUGH AWARDS 2017: Inside Croydon was source for two award-winning nominations in Private Eye magazine’s annual celebration of civic cock-ups
- “Excellent scandal-digging”: Patrick Kidd, The Times political diary columnist
- If you have a news story about life in or around Croydon, a residents’ or business association or a local event to publicise, please email us with full details at firstname.lastname@example.org