Local elections must be coming, because the Purley and Coulsdon Debating Society has gone all political with its topic for April.
As the event, on Monday April 16, is being staged in true-blue Coulsdon, it is probably unsurprising that the motion is: “It’s time for Croydon to come back to the Conservatives”. Some might wonder whether it has ever gone away.
The motion is proposed by Tim Pollard, the leader of the Tory group at the Town Hall.
Opposing the motion is the Labour councillor, Andrew Pelling.
Speakers from the floor are encouraged, and there’s even tea and biscuits at half-time.
The debate takes place from 8pm at the Old Coulsdon Centre, Coulsdon Road Grange Park, Old Coulsdon CR5 1EH. Entry is free, though donations towards costs are welcome.
- BECOME AN INSIDE CROYDON SPONSOR: You can support the local journalism that brings you Inside Croydon for less than a fiver per month. Click here to sign-up as a donor
- Inside Croydon is a member of the Independent Community News Network
- Inside Croydon is the borough’s only independent news source, and still based in the heart of Croydon
- 1 MILLION PAGE VIEWS IN 2017 (January to September)
- ROTTEN BOROUGH AWARDS 2017: Inside Croydon was source for two award-winning nominations in Private Eye magazine’s annual celebration of civic cock-ups
- If you have a news story about life in or around Croydon, a residents’ or business association or a local event to publicise, please email us with full details at email@example.com