Council Tax-payers are given an opportunity to air their serious and sincere concerns over housing policies which are being pushed through by the council.
In the final brief film in our series, Sharon Swaby, of the Shrublands Residents’ Association in Shirley, highlights how even the so-called “affordable” properties being developed by the council’s wholly owned developer, Brick by Brick, can only be afforded by those earning £33,000 per year and more. And did someone mention consultation..?
- BECOME AN INSIDE CROYDON SUPPORTER: For just £4 per month, you can support the local journalism that brings you Inside Croydon. Click here to sign-up as a donor
- Inside Croydon is a member of the Independent Community News Network
- Inside Croydon is the borough’s only independent news source, and still based in the heart of Croydon
- 1.4 MILLION PAGE VIEWS IN 2017
- “Monitored” by the council CEO since 2010
- ROTTEN BOROUGH AWARDS 2017: Inside Croydon was source for two award-winning nominations in Private Eye magazine’s annual celebration of civic cock-ups
- If you have a news story about life in or around Croydon, a residents’ or business association or a local event to publicise, please email us with full details at email@example.com