John Goulston is to retire in September from his job as chief executive of Croydon Health Services NHS Trust, it was announced this morning.
Goulston has his 60th birthday this year, and has worked in the NHS for 32 years. He took on the CEO role at Croydon NHS Trust in May 2012 and, according to the press release issued by the Trust this morning, “has led a transformation of the Trust’s services during a period of unprecedented challenges for the NHS. This includes overseeing continued quality improvements and steering the Trust out of financial special measures”.
In the statement issued by the Trust, Goulston said, “I feel proud to have worked at Croydon Health Services. We have excellent and dedicated teams that care for people in our community, at Purley War Memorial Hospital and at Croydon University Hospital – they are a credit to our borough.
“We have transformed the Trust by listening to what our staff, patients and their families, and the communities that we serve. Most importantly, we have acted on what we heard. This must always continue.
“In the latest NHS staff survey, four out of five of our staff said they were happy with the quality of care we provide – which is above the national average. The latest published data also shows nine out of 10 people we have looked after as in-patients, out-patients, in the community and in our A&E and maternity departments, would recommend us to their friends and family.
“None of this would have been possible without a clear vision from the Trust’s leadership team and unwavering support for staff on the ground to deliver continued improvements in our care and performance.
“I look forward to hearing about the great things our staff and the Trust will achieve in the future – especially as we strengthen our partnerships with health and care organisations to provide even more seamless services in the borough.”
The Board and NHS Improvement will now seek to appoint a new Chief Executive at the Trust.
- Help to support the kind of journalism which publishes news stories which the national press takes months to catch up with, and get a range of benefits and exclusive offers as well. All for just £4 per month. Please click here to sign-up as an Inside Croydon donor
- Inside Croydon is a member of the Independent Community News Network
- Inside Croydon is the borough’s only independent news source, and still based in the heart of Croydon
- 1.4 MILLION PAGE VIEWS IN 2017
- “Monitored” by the council CEO since 2010
- ROTTEN BOROUGH AWARDS 2017: Inside Croydon was source for two award-winning nominations in Private Eye magazine’s annual celebration of civic cock-ups
- If you have a news story about life in or around Croydon, a residents’ or business association or a local event to publicise, please email us with full details at email@example.com