The guest speaker at next Tuesday’s Croydon Photography Forum is Frazer Ashford.
Himself a member of the Croydon Photography Forum, Ashford has a long and distinguished career which spans almost 50 years. During this time, he has worked across the world, and his archives hold almost 200,000 individual images.
His career began with almost an exclusive focus on documenting the music scene, but Ashford soon moved into the world of theatre, film and television programmes. Aside from the hustle and bustle of the entertainment scene, Ashford is also very much involved in landscape photography which he undertakes during his extensive travels.
Ashford is an Associate of the Royal Photographic Society.
Several of his images have been sold at Bonham’s in Bond Street and he continues to sell images from his archive as prints to private collectors and also as digital images to various publications.
Ashford will be speaking at the Croydon Photography Forum, held at the CVA Resource Centre on London Road, starting at 6.45pm next Tuesday, May 8.
It promises to be an informative evening packed full of images of beautiful landscapes and legends from music and theatre such as Marvin Gaye, Leslie Phillips, Elton John, Ken Dodd, Elvis Presley, Norman Beaton, Paul Daniels, Lee Scratch Perry and Soul II Soul, among many others.
As usual the Croydon Photography Forum is free for anyone to attend however, voluntary donations are welcomed to help offset the cost associated with running the event.
- Help to support the kind of journalism which publishes news stories which the national press takes months to catch up with, and get a range of benefits and exclusive offers as well. All for just £4 per month. Please click here to sign-up as an Inside Croydon donor
- Inside Croydon is a member of the Independent Community News Network
- Inside Croydon is the borough’s only independent news source, and still based in the heart of Croydon
- 1.4 MILLION PAGE VIEWS IN 2017
- “Monitored” by the council CEO since 2010
- ROTTEN BOROUGH AWARDS 2017: Inside Croydon was source for two award-winning nominations in Private Eye magazine’s annual celebration of civic cock-ups
- If you have a news story about life in or around Croydon, a residents’ or business association or a local event to publicise, please email us with full details at email@example.com