An acclaimed and award-winning touring stage production from a Croydon-based company is to be performed for the last time in the new performance space in the St Andrew’s Hub in South Croydon later this month.
Giant is an explosive, absurd and visceral adventure into “Adulting”. Horribly honest clowns and questionable cabaret acts ignite the stage with Zoo Co’s trademark live music, puppetry, poetry and movement.
Described by the theatre trade newspaper The Stage as “Witty, winsome and inventive”, Giant got five-star reviews when Zoo Co performed it at the 2016 Edinburgh Fringe.
Now, having performed it all around the country for the past 18 months, they are bringing the show to their hometown for one final hurrah!
The audience at St Andrew’s on Friday, May 25, will get two shows for the price of one. The Giant performance will be prefaced by Grandma’s Attic, an immersive theatrical event making the most of the incredible performance space in the Victorian church building.
Grandma’s Attic will include live music, a giant puppet walk through, a Dancing through Time movement installation and a chance for the audience to relive those classic school photos in a retro photo booth.
Included in the ticket price are Grandma’s Attic, Giant and a post-show chat with the cast. A bar will also be open to purchase drinks. Local residents (with CR0 postcode) are being offered a special one-third off the full ticket price.
“The audiences will immerse themselves in a wonderful world of quirky cabaret, curious clowning and candid conversations that question what it really means to belong to a generation,” the shows producers say.
Established in 2013, Zoo Co have created and toured five shows to more than 50 venues nationally and internationally. Later this year, Zoo Co will take up a three-month residency in the Whitgift Centre.
The May 25 performance at St Andrew’s Hub has a running time of around one hour, and is recommended for audience members aged 12 or over. Doors at 7.30pm; the show begins at 8.30pm. Book your tickets in advance for a 20 per cent discount.
Tickets are £12, £10 concessions (including under-25s and CR0 postcode) and £15 on the door. Click here to book.
- Help to support the kind of journalism which publishes news stories which the national press takes months to catch up with, and get a range of benefits and exclusive offers as well. All for just £4 per month. Please click here to sign-up as an Inside Croydon donor
- Inside Croydon is a member of the Independent Community News Network
- Inside Croydon is the borough’s only independent news source, and still based in the heart of Croydon
- 1.4 MILLION PAGE VIEWS IN 2017
- “Monitored” by the council CEO since 2010
- ROTTEN BOROUGH AWARDS 2017: Inside Croydon was source for two award-winning nominations in Private Eye magazine’s annual celebration of civic cock-ups
- If you have a news story about life in or around Croydon, a residents’ or business association or a local event to publicise, please email us with full details at email@example.com