A pet-loving couple from Addiscombe this month launch a range of dog food and cat food.
Their products are being rolled out to stores across Croydon, and have been taken on by Dabner’s, Surrey Street’s long-standing pet shop.
Jack Walker and Aneisha Soobroyen say that their pet food company, Scrumbles, is an ethical, value-driven pet food brand.
“Unable to find yummy, good food that didn’t cost the Earth, we set out to create our own,” Jack Walker told Inside Croydon.
“We’ve taken care to ensure our food is both nutritious and delicious. Each of our recipes is tailored carefully for species, breed size and life stage and crammed with up to 75 per cent chicken. Using a blend of freshly prepared and dried chicken ensures high levels of animal protein – the best kind – and delivers an irresistible taste.”
Scrumbles dog and cat food is gluten-free, has added probiotics and is naturally hypoallergenic.
Between them, the couple have worked in the pet food industry for a combined 17 years. “As doting pet parents we’ve always wanted what’s best for our dog, Smudge, and cat, Boo. But having seen the pet food market from the inside out, we were unhappy with the choices available.”
Scrumbles pet food does not contain any artificial preservatives, colours or flavours, nor salt, sugar or pea protein.
You can find out more about Scrumbles on their website at www.scrumbles.co.uk, where ordering online is also possible.
- Thousands read our ward-by-ward local election live blog on Friday. If you think that was a service worth paying for – costing less than the price of a pint of milk each week – then please support Inside Croydon by clicking here
- Inside Croydon is a member of the Independent Community News Network
- Inside Croydon is the borough’s only independent news source, and still based in the heart of Croydon
- 1.4 MILLION PAGE VIEWS IN 2017
- “Monitored” by the council CEO since 2010
- ROTTEN BOROUGH AWARDS 2017: Inside Croydon was source for two award-winning nominations in Private Eye magazine’s annual celebration of civic cock-ups
- If you have a news story about life in or around Croydon, a residents’ or business association or a local event to publicise, please email us with full details at firstname.lastname@example.org