Russell Buckley is the guest at TMRW, the internet café and events space on Croydon High Street, for the first in a series of talks with successful entrepreneurs who had rocky starts.
Buckley is a veteran of the dot.com boom, and bust, having crawled from the wreckage of a 2001 business failure to becoming the first employee at AdMob – perhaps the only time a Valley-based startup made their first hire in Europe. In 2010, AdMob was sold to Google for $750million, their third biggest acquisition at the time.
Buckley then became an “angel” investor, before founding at Kindred Capital, an £80million seed stage venture capital firm, focused on investments in Britain. He has started, advised or invested in around 100 companies.
The event organisers say, “Here at TMRW, we’re big on the real entrepreneur and start-up experiences, less so on un-experienced storytellers and ‘best practice’ speakers; so do bring your (relevant) questions and expect no-BS, direct, warts-and-all learnings and feedback.
“We’ll provide food and drink, just bring your brains, your networking shoes and a bag of good humour.”
Buckley’s talk is on Tuesday, February 5, from 7pm. Registration strictly required, apply here.
- Please support Inside Croydon’s award-winning, news-breaking local journalism. It’s just £4 per month, and you qualify for special discounts and offers. Click here to sign-up as a donor
- Inside Croydon is a member of the Independent Community News Network
- Inside Croydon works together with the Bureau of Investigative Journalism and BBC London News
- Inside Croydon named Journalist of the Year at 2018 Anna Kennedy Online Autism Heroes Awards
- ROTTEN BOROUGH AWARDS: For two consecutive years, 2017 and 2018, Inside Croydon has been the source for two award-winning nominations in Private Eye magazine’s annual celebration of civic cock-ups
- In 2018, Inside Croydon had 1.6million pages viewed by more than half a million unique visitors
- If you have a news story about life in or around Croydon, or what to publicise your residents’ association or business, or if you have a local event to promote, please email us with full details at firstname.lastname@example.org