The Croydon Folk Club’s folk and blues nights at Ruskin House continue to entertain and delight, while raising valuable funds towards the restoration of the Georgian town house on Coombe Road.
The recent Buddy Holly Tribute Night raised £372 for the building fund, and there’s plenty more music coming up to rock Ruskin House.
Folk and Blues evenings are staged every Sunday at 8pm, entry fee just £2, with access to the club’s bar with discounted prices. There’s also open mic opportunities for anyone who wants to discover if they have the X Factor…
Upcoming dates include:
Feb 17 – Pluto Swint Rubber Band and Singers’ Night
Feb 18 – Croydon Folk Club singers’ night
Feb 24 – Doug Field and Singers’ Night
Feb 25 – Croydon Folk Club with Karen Tweed (£10/£8 concessions)
Mar 3 – Four Gone Confusion and Singers’ Night
Mar 10 – Dave & Dietrich and Singers’ Night
There’s also regular movie screenings (on the third Saturday of each month, at 8pm: tonight’s is the 1970s classic thriller The Day Of The Jackal).
Next Friday, February 22, they are screening Nae Pasaran!, the film about Scottish Rolls Royce workers taking action against Chile’s dictator Pinochet after the 1973 coup by grounding half his air force. Starts at 7.45pm, £5 payable in the bar.
Also coming up…
Mar 17: St Patrick’s Night
Mar 30: Ruskin Fund-Raiser, £5 on door – with Choro Bandido, Molly and Blackbriar Band, Tim Hain, Libre Fuego, Alan Atkinson, Eddie Green, Dave Anthony, James Pickering and Vladimir Nosal.
- Please support Inside Croydon’s award-winning, news-breaking local journalism. It’s just £4 per month, and you qualify for special discounts and offers. Click here to sign-up as a donor
- Inside Croydon is a member of the Independent Community News Network
- Inside Croydon works together with the Bureau of Investigative Journalism and BBC London News
- Inside Croydon named Journalist of the Year at 2018 Anna Kennedy Online Autism Heroes Awards
- ROTTEN BOROUGH AWARDS: For two consecutive years, 2017 and 2018, Inside Croydon has been the source for two award-winning nominations in Private Eye magazine’s annual celebration of civic cock-ups
- In 2018, Inside Croydon had 1.6million pages viewed by more than half a million unique visitors
- If you have a news story about life in or around Croydon, or what to publicise your residents’ association or business, or if you have a local event to promote, please email us with full details at email@example.com