Tomorrow, Saturday June 29, the Croydon Astronomical Society is holding its annual Solar Day, from 11am until 3pm.
This will be held at the Norman Fisher Observatory at Kenley, alongside Kenley Aerodrome.
Details of where to find it and where to park are on the website Croydonastro.org.uk.
The event is open to the public and entry is free.
The organisers say, “We will be using specially modified telescopes which will allow us to view the sun safely.
“The weather is forecast to be good but very warm. We look forward to welcoming you to this event.”
- Please support independent local journalism. Sign up today as an Inside Croydon patron. For just £4 per month, you qualify for special discounts and offers. Click here for more details
- Inside Croydon is a member of the Independent Community News Network
- Inside Croydon works together with the Bureau of Investigative Journalism and BBC London News
- Inside Croydon named Journalist of the Year at 2018 Anna Kennedy Online Autism Heroes Awards
- ROTTEN BOROUGH AWARDS: For two consecutive years, 2017 and 2018, Inside Croydon has been the source for two award-winning nominations in Private Eye magazine’s annual celebration of civic cock-ups
- In 2018, Inside Croydon had 1.6million pages viewed by more than half a million unique visitors
- If you have a news story about life in or around Croydon, or what to publicise your residents’ association or business, or if you have a local event to promote, please email us with full details at email@example.com