Four bus routes serving Croydon and south London are to get improved frequencies on their routes from the end of this month.
Transport for London confirmed yesterday that buses 127, 130, 314 and 432 will each get at least one extra service per hour with effect from August 31.
While this does little to make amends to the curtailment of 11 bus routes through the town centre, it will be a welcome enhancement to services for bus passengers from New Addington, Purley and Thornton Heath.
The detailed changes are:
127: Purley station to Tooting Broadway station
Frequency increased from 5 buses per hour to 6bph Monday to Saturday daytimes and from 3bph to 4bph Sunday (daytime and evening).
130: King Henry’s Drive, New Addington to Thornton Heath Clock Tower
Frequency increased from 3bph to 4bph Monday to Friday evenings and from 2bph to 3bph Sunday daytime. An additional school day PM journey will also be introduced from Coloma Convent Girls School towards Thornton Heath
314: New Addington to Eltham station
Frequency increased from 4 bph to 5bph on Monday to Saturday daytime and from 2bph to 3bph on Monday to Saturday evenings
432: Anerley station to Brixton station
Frequency increase from 5bph to 6bph Monday to Saturday daytimes.
- Become an Inside Croydon supporter today. For £5 per month enjoy access to exclusive content like the Under The Flyover podcasts, as well as money-saving special offers, while helping to support the borough’s only independent news outlet.
- Click here for more details
- Inside Croydon is a member of the Independent Community News Network
- Inside Croydon works together with the Bureau of Investigative Journalism and BBC London News
- Inside Croydon named Journalist of the Year at 2018 Anna Kennedy Online Autism Heroes Awards
- ROTTEN BOROUGH AWARDS: For two consecutive years, 2017 and 2018, Inside Croydon has been the source for two award-winning nominations in Private Eye magazine’s annual celebration of civic cock-ups
- In 2018, Inside Croydon had 1.6million pages viewed by more than half a million unique visitors
- If you have a news story about life in or around Croydon, or what to publicise your residents’ association or business, or if you have a local event to promote, please email us with full details at firstname.lastname@example.org