Labour won two of the three Croydon parliamentary seats in 2017, and seeking to deliver a cleansweep in 2019 is their candidate Olga FitzRoy.
An award-winning sound engineer who has worked with some of the greats in her industry, from Sir George Martin to Coldplay, FitzRoy’s campaigning for freelance workers’ rights has won widespread recognition and admiration.
This is her first time standing for election to public office. FitzRoy certainly has her work cut out for her to deliver an improved result for her party on 2017.
During her interview, FitzRoy answered a series of questions across a range of subjects submitted from a massive Inside Croydon mailbag.
She also addressed the issue of racism and whether Jeremy Corbyn can be fairly accused of anti-Semitism.
Take a listen and see what you think…
The other candidates standing in Croydon South are:
We wanted to put our readers’ questions to another one of the candidates standing for election, the former Downing Street aide to Theresa May, digital “mastermind” for Gavin Barwell and egregiously ambitious Coulsdon councillor Mario Creatura.
But Creatura did not respond to our invitation.
Not even to apologise for not being making himself available as part of the democratic process to be scrutinised by questions from the only award-winning news outlet based in the borough.
So we recommend that as many of our readers as possible ask Creatura the questions that they want to ask – directly. Email him at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
We recommend that you include in your email a clear direction that neither Creatura nor anyone from his team is allowed to add your email address or personal details to any kind of mailing list, and that you should send your questions each as a separate email, including this: “What sort of sorry wet weekend of an MP would you make if you are too afraid to answer a few questions from a local news website?”
Listen to the rest of our Under The Flyover Election podcasts:
- Inside Croydon: the only local news source based in the borough. Help to support our journalism, and get money-off offers, exclusive content and priority booking for special events. Click here to find out more
- Inside Croydon Events: click here for details of hundreds of events in and around Croydon
- Inside Croydon is a member of the Independent Community News Network
- Inside Croydon works together with the Bureau of Investigative Journalism and BBC London News
- Inside Croydon named Journalist of the Year at 2018 Anna Kennedy Online Autism Heroes Awards
- ROTTEN BOROUGH AWARDS: For two consecutive years, 2017 and 2018, Inside Croydon has been the source for two award-winning nominations in Private Eye magazine’s annual celebration of civic cock-ups
- In 2018, Inside Croydon had 1.6million pages viewed by more than half a million unique visitors
- If you have a news story about life in or around Croydon, or what to publicise your residents’ association or business, or if you have a local event to promote, please email us with full details at email@example.com