The panto season is in full swing… Oh yes it is!
And in Sanderstead, rehearsals are well underway for the local dramatic club’s annual performance, which next month will be Sinbad The Sailor.
It will be the 81st annual panto production staged by the Sanderstead Dramatic Club, which was formed in 1907.
Audiences at All Saints Parish Hall will be able to join the adventure with Sinbad and his friends as they chase the evil Prince Tariq on their quest to rescue the Princess and the fabled Star of Mesopotamia. Along the way, there will be fun for all the family, with plenty of music, dancing, laughter and, of course, audience participation.
Sinbad the Sailor runs January 11 to 18 at All Saints Parish Hall, Onslow Gardens, Sanderstead CR2 9AB.
“With 80 years experience of pantomimes, Sanderstead Dramatic Club is well versed in the traditions of this unique form of theatre, and maintaining these, while at the same time moving with the times, are the trademarks of the club and Sinbad The Sailor is no exception,” said John Desbottes, the club chairman.
Tickets start from £6 and you can buy them on their website at sdclub.org.uk.
Or check this website again on Monday for a chance to win one of three pairs of tickets for the Sinbad The Sailor pantomime.
- Help to support Inside Croydon’s award-winning, news-breaking journalism, and get money-off offers, exclusive content and priority booking for special events. All for less than a fiver per month Click here to find out more
- Inside Croydon is a member of the Independent Community News Network
- Inside Croydon works together with the Bureau of Investigative Journalism and BBC London News
- Inside Croydon named Journalist of the Year at 2018 Anna Kennedy Online Autism Heroes Awards
- ROTTEN BOROUGH AWARDS: For two consecutive years, 2017 and 2018, Inside Croydon has been the source for two award-winning nominations in Private Eye magazine’s annual celebration of civic cock-ups
- In 2018, Inside Croydon had 1.6million pages viewed by more than half a million unique visitors
- If you have a news story about life in or around Croydon, or what to publicise your residents’ association or business, or if you have a local event to promote, please email us with full details at firstname.lastname@example.org