Get 15% off your beers from Anspach & Hobday’s Croydon brewery with a special booking code for Inside Croydon subscribers
Croydon’s newest brewers, Anspach and Hobday have today launched The Lager, a brand-new core range defying the disruption of the coronavirus pandemic with new beer to cheer.
The craft brewers’ Croydon expansion has included the installation of brand new horizontal lager tanks, to ensure that The Lager is matured in the right conditions to produce a clean, flavourful and crisp lager.
Each brew of The Lager will spend at least four weeks in the horizontal tanks to produce an accurate, true to the style Lager.
And even during the lockdown, you can stay at home and have your very own lock-in.
Anspach and Hobday are offering a super-fresh, same-day dispatch service once the lager is canned on Wednesday, April 22, ensuring customers the freshest possible beer.
Orders are being taken from now until Wednesday, April 22 at 5pm, for the deliveries that will be made before the weekend.
15% off orders for Inside Croydon supporters
Inside Croydon patrons can get 15% off the price of their Anspach and Hobday orders, thanks to a special booking code. If you want to help support iC’s award-winning, news-breaking journalism, and get money-off offers, exclusive content and priority booking for special events, click here for more
As part of the Lockdown Lager Launch, Paul Anspach, the “Braumeister” behind the beer, will be hosting an Instagram Live Feed starting at 6pm on Friday, May 1. Anspach will be joined by journalist and lager expert Mark Dredge to discuss the style, process and flavour behind The Lager.
The German malt and European hops combined with London water produces what Anspach and Hobday believe to be their true London Lagerbier. The Lager will be available in 440ml cans, with kegs of the stuff available to bars and pubs once normal service is resumed.
Anspach said: ‘‘When we decided we wanted to start brewing a lager, we knew we had to do it properly. Horizontal tanks were part of the plan from the beginning, and our crowdfunding campaign enabled us to make the investment.
“The final component is time. Lagers cannot be rushed, and all of ours will spend at least four weeks maturing in the horizontal tanks.’’
- If you have a news story about life in or around Croydon, or what to publicise your residents’ association or business, or if you have a local event to promote, please email us with full details at email@example.com
- Inside Croydon is a member of the Independent Community News Network
- Inside Croydon works together with the Bureau of Investigative Journalism and BBC London News
- Inside Croydon named Journalist of the Year at 2018 Anna Kennedy Online Autism Heroes Awards
- ROTTEN BOROUGH AWARDS: For three consecutive years, 2017, 2018 and 2019, Inside Croydon has been the source for award-winning nominations in Private Eye magazine’s annual celebration of civic cock-ups
- Inside Croydon had 1.6million pages viewed by 721,000 unique visitors in 2019