Family and friends of Dr Krishan Arora have started an online appeal to raise money for the GP’s widow and family.
Launching the crowdfunding page, colleague Dr AW Farooq said, “He and his wife were like family to us and that is why we have launched this fundraiser to honour Dr Krishan’s hard work and to help his widow with funeral expenses and to defray living expenses.
“The outpouring of love and memories of our beloved Dr Krishan Arora passing has been incredible, illustrating the love joy and kindness he brought to both his patients lives as well as his friends and family. His loss has left a huge hole in the local community and he will always be missed but never forgotten.
“We would like to thank everyone who has taken the time to read this and to those who have been kind enough to contribute. Please stay safe, stay home and save lives.”
After five days, the online appeal has raised more than £2,000 towards its £6,000 target. To find out more, click here.
According to figures released by Public Health England this morning, new cases of coronavirus in London have reached its lowest daily level in a month.
There were a further 280 confirmed covid-19 infections across the capital in the last 24 hours, bringing the known total in London to 22,352.
That is the lowest figure for newly reported infections since March 23 – the day when the government announced the nationwide lockdown – when 244 cases were recorded.
Five London boroughs have more than 1,000 confired cases, with Croydon – 1,226 – having the second-most number.
- Help support Inside Croydon’s award-winning, news-breaking journalism, and get money-off offers, exclusive content and priority booking for special events. Click here to find out more
- If you have a news story about life in or around Croydon, or what to publicise your residents’ association or business, or if you have a local event to promote, please email us with full details at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Inside Croydon is a member of the Independent Community News Network
- Inside Croydon works together with the Bureau of Investigative Journalism and BBC London News
- Inside Croydon named Journalist of the Year at 2018 Anna Kennedy Online Autism Heroes Awards
- ROTTEN BOROUGH AWARDS: For three consecutive years, 2017, 2018 and 2019, Inside Croydon has been the source for award-winning nominations in Private Eye magazine’s annual celebration of civic cock-ups
- Inside Croydon had 1.6million pages viewed by 721,000 unique visitors in 2019