Thomas More School in Purley has organised a Food Bank Day for tomorrow, Wednesday, July 15, from 9.45am to 3pm.
“The school has been through an extraordinary time and our families have been through many difficulties during this lockdown,” Eugene Clarke, the associate assistant head, said today.
“As a community, we at Thomas More want to support our families as much as we can and we have organised a Food Bank Day to assist our families throughout the summer holiday.”
The school organised food parcels throughout lockdown for some families, and staff have been contributing supplies in order to support them.
“After assessing the need of our families we realised more of our families needed help so we decided to ask staff and the wider community to donate cupboard fillers and home staples in order for food vouchers to be spent on fresh produce and maximise the vouchers’ worth,” Clarke told Inside Croydon.
“We extended this to families who may have been furloughed or experienced hardship and have invited all families of Thomas More Catholic School who require support. We have had an overwhelming response from the Thomas More community, with our Main Hall resembling a supermarket!”
All are welcome to attend tomorrow’s Food Bank Day.
- 2010 to 2020: Inside Croydon has been delivering local community service and local community news for 10 years. To support independent local journalism in Croydon, please sign up today as a supporter. Click here for more details
- If you have a news story about life in or around Croydon, or want to publicise your residents’ association or business, or if you have a local event to promote, please email us with full details at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Inside Croydon is a member of the Independent Community News Network
- Inside Croydon works together with the Bureau of Investigative Journalism and BBC London News
- Inside Croydon named Journalist of the Year at 2018 Anna Kennedy Online Autism Heroes Awards
- ROTTEN BOROUGH AWARDS: For three consecutive years, 2017, 2018 and 2019, Inside Croydon has been the source for award-winning nominations in Private Eye magazine’s annual celebration of civic cock-ups
- Inside Croydon had 1.6million pages viewed by 721,000 unique visitors in 2019