More than 70 houses in and around Shirley will be hosting stalls in their front gardens this Sunday, August 2, on the first Shirley Jumble Trail.
Items on sale will include clothes, toys and games, bags, books, bric a brac and plants.
Some houses are supporting charities like Demelza Chiclrens’ Hospice or Spring Park Girlguiding. Others are raising money for themselves.
Participants will be expected to practice covid-19 safety measures, including social distancing, regular hand-washing and wearing masks as appropriate.
The organisers say, “All are welcome to wander around between 10am and 3pm to see what bargains they can find.”
- 2010 to 2020: Inside Croydon has been delivering local community service and local community news for 10 years. To support independent local journalism in Croydon, please sign up today as a supporter. Click here for more details
- If you have a news story about life in or around Croydon, or want to publicise your residents’ association or business, or if you have a local event to promote, please email us with full details at email@example.com
- Inside Croydon is a member of the Independent Community News Network
- Inside Croydon works together with the Bureau of Investigative Journalism and BBC London News
- Inside Croydon named Journalist of the Year at 2018 Anna Kennedy Online Autism Heroes Awards
- ROTTEN BOROUGH AWARDS: For three consecutive years, 2017, 2018 and 2019, Inside Croydon has been the source for award-winning nominations in Private Eye magazine’s annual celebration of civic cock-ups
- Inside Croydon had 1.6million pages viewed by 721,000 unique visitors in 2019