With just two weeks to go, the Crystal Palace Festival has announced its special guest acts for the live-streamed show from Upper Norwood Library.
Top-flight comedians Marcus Brigstocke and Rob Deering have been added to the roster of performers who will be appearing over the weekend of August 15 and 16 in a studio specially arranged for the festival to go ahead in these coronavirus times.
Comedian, writer and broadcaster Brigstocke is a regular at the Edinburgh Festival, where his shows have included Planet Corduroy, The Museum Of Everything, and The Award-Winning Show.
Alongside a fabulous programme of Crystal Palace and south London artists, also performing will be Rodney P and Blak Twang, reuniting for a very special performance of Kingdem material which they previously performed in their hip hop supergroup with Ty, who died earlier this year from coronavirus.
Fireflies, Crystal Palace-based musicians Franck Alba and Nina Walsh, have also been added to the line-up.
- 2010 to 2020: Inside Croydon has been delivering local community service and local community news for 10 years. To support independent local journalism in Croydon, please sign up today as a supporter. Click here for more details
- If you have a news story about life in or around Croydon, or want to publicise your residents’ association or business, or if you have a local event to promote, please email us with full details at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Inside Croydon is a member of the Independent Community News Network
- Inside Croydon works together with the Bureau of Investigative Journalism and BBC London News
- Inside Croydon named Journalist of the Year at 2018 Anna Kennedy Online Autism Heroes Awards
- ROTTEN BOROUGH AWARDS: For three consecutive years, 2017, 2018 and 2019, Inside Croydon has been the source for award-winning nominations in Private Eye magazine’s annual celebration of civic cock-ups
- Inside Croydon had 1.6million pages viewed by 721,000 unique visitors in 2019