In the true spirit of “The Show Must Go On”, the Savvy Theatre Company, newly installed at the Fairfield Halls, has been continuing to work with youngsters on new productions, despite the difficulties presented by the pandemic, the lockdown and, most recently, the “hibernation” of the Croydon arts venue.
Savvy is an inclusive theatre company, welcoming everyone to take part in weekly groups, and providing a range of opportunities to perform in a variety of different shows and theatrical styles.
All of Savvy’s groups produced work online over the summer, and now they are preparing to move back into the rehearsal studio, applying special measures to ensure that everyone is covid-safe.
Some groups will be creating short films and hosting a red-carpet premiere, while others will be developing a Steampunk Panto, taking place in the foyer of Fairfield Halls. “We will be announcing more details on all of this soon,” says the Savvy Theatre’s producers.
Applications are now open for new budding performers and back-stage youngsters to take part.
“Taking part is at the heart of what we do, providing a rich and exciting programme of weekly workshops and performance opportunities for our members,” Savvy says.
“If you know of anyone who might be interested, or wants to find out more, please get in touch.”
- 2010 to 2020: Inside Croydon has been delivering local community service and local community news for 10 years. To support independent local journalism in Croydon, please sign up today as a supporter. Click here for more details
- If you have a news story about life in or around Croydon, or want to publicise your residents’ association or business, or if you have a local event to promote, please email us with full details at email@example.com
- Inside Croydon is a member of the Independent Community News Network
- Inside Croydon works together with the Bureau of Investigative Journalism and BBC London News
- Inside Croydon named Journalist of the Year at 2018 Anna Kennedy Online Autism Heroes Awards
- ROTTEN BOROUGH AWARDS: For three consecutive years, 2017, 2018 and 2019, Inside Croydon has been the source for award-winning nominations in Private Eye magazine’s annual celebration of civic cock-ups
- Inside Croydon had 1.6million pages viewed by 721,000 unique visitors in 2019