Macmillan’s first coffee morning took place in 1990 and since then the fundraising event has raised more than £165.5million.
One in every three people will face cancer and the money raised for Macmillan will make sure no one faces cancer alone.
Bluebird Care is inviting their customers and everyone in the local community to hold a socially distanced or virtual coffee morning, dedicated to raising funds for Macmillan. This could be in the office, your garden, on the street or even online via a video call.
“At Bluebird Care Croydon, we like to support this campaign each year, raising awareness of Macmillan Cancer Support and the incredible work they do. We will be hosting a staff coffee morning at the Bluebird Care Croydon office to help Macmillan support people with cancer.
“Why not hold your own socially distanced coffee morning? We’d love to see everyone’s fundraising efforts, so do email us with your Coffee Morning photos and we’ll upload them on to our social media. Together we can raise funds for Macmillan and help fight cancer.”
- 2010 to 2020: Inside Croydon has been delivering local community service and local community news for 10 years. To support independent local journalism in Croydon, please sign up today as a supporter. Click here for more details
- If you have a news story about life in or around Croydon, or want to publicise your residents’ association or business, or if you have a local event to promote, please email us with full details at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Inside Croydon is a member of the Independent Community News Network
- Inside Croydon works together with the Bureau of Investigative Journalism and BBC London News
- Inside Croydon named Journalist of the Year at 2018 Anna Kennedy Online Autism Heroes Awards
- ROTTEN BOROUGH AWARDS: For three consecutive years, 2017, 2018 and 2019, Inside Croydon has been the source for award-winning nominations in Private Eye magazine’s annual celebration of civic cock-ups
- Inside Croydon had 1.6million pages viewed by 721,000 unique visitors in 2019