A Caribbean restaurant based in East Croydon is offering to provide a free meal for homeless charity Croydon Nightwatch with every three-course meal for two ordered for collection or delivery over this coming Mother’s Day weekend.
Big Mike’s Calypso Kitchen opened in Boxpark last July, and since September has been working every fortnight with Croydon Nightwatch, during that time serving up 1,000 meals.
Now, Big Mike has pulled out all the stops to create an indulgent and truly memorable menu fit for celebrating Mother’s Day in the only way he knows how – with a range of dishes that give a true taste of Barbados and the Caribbean.
Starters like Bajan Fish Cakes – an award-winning recipe of salted cod, Scotch bonnet chilli and herbs, encased in a light tempura batter and fried until golden brown and served with house-made Jerk and Twerk hot sauce.
Or Golden Wings, marinated and brined for 24 hours, deep-fried and served with rum and Scotch bonnet chilli jam.
Posh Patties – handcrafted with a variety of fillings including beef chilli and kidney bean, and lentil, mushroom and feta. And Vegan Chicken bites – Cajun seasoned jackfruit goujons, double dipped in corn starch and fried.
For main course, there’s Bajan Brown Stew Chicken, Roast Pork Belly, Dhal Puri Roti – filled with Scallop and Shrimp Coconut Curry, and Corn and Coffee Curry.
It’s a decadent menu fit for a queen, and can be washed down with Big Mike’s Rum Punch, an exotic blend of tropical fruit juices, golden Bajan sugar, heavy on the Bajan Rum, to produce this exquisite cocktail.
The full menu is available at www.bigmikesck.com/indulgence-menu
This weekend’s special offer runs from Friday March 12 to Mother’s Day on Sunday March 14, is available for collection or delivery within three miles of East Croydon. Choose two starters, two main courses and two desserts for £49.99, and Big Mike will donate a meal to Croydon Nightwatch.
- You can support Inside Croydon’s news-breaking independent local journalism. Sign up today as a subscriber. Click here
- If you have a news story about life in or around Croydon, want to publicise your residents’ association or business, or if you have a local event to promote, please email us with full details at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Inside Croydon is a member of the Independent Community News Network
- Inside Croydon works together with the Bureau of Investigative Journalism and BBC London News
- ROTTEN BOROUGH AWARDS: Croydon was named the country’s rottenest borough in 2020 in the annual round-up of civic cock-ups in Private Eye magazine – the fourth successive year that Inside Croydon has been the source for such award-winning nominations
- Inside Croydon: 3million page views in 2020. Seen by 1.4million unique visitors
- Content on this site is also licensed via Ping! News. To access content for copying in full or in part, please visit https://pingnews.uk/