The police have made two arrests as they investigate the murder of a 16-year-old boy who was stabbed to death on the doorstep of his family’s home in Bracken Avenue on Shirley’s Shrublands Estate in the early hours of Thursday morning.
The boy – named locally as “Cameron” – suffered multiple stab wounds and despite medical attention, including the Air Ambulance being called, he was pronounced dead at the scene.
It is being reported that the boy is the 20th teenage murder victim in London so far in 2021, most of the incidents involving fatal stabbings.
On Friday, a 15-year-old boy was arrested in Brighton. He was later transferred to a police station in London where he was questioned.
On Saturday, detectives said an 18-year-old man was arrested on suspicion of murder in Brierley Hill, West Midlands.
The Metropolitan Police’s Detective Chief Inspector Dave Blair said: “Our investigation is gathering pace.
“Although we have made our second arrest, we still want to hear from anyone who has information relating to this horrific loss of a young life.”
- You can support Inside Croydon’s news-breaking independent local journalism. Sign up today as a subscriber. Click here
- If you have a news story about life in or around Croydon, or want to publicise your residents’ association or business, or if you have a local event to promote, please email us with full details at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Inside Croydon is a member of the Independent Community News Network
- Inside Croydon works together with the Bureau of Investigative Journalism, as well as BBC London News and ITV London
- ROTTEN BOROUGH AWARDS: Croydon was named the country’s rottenest borough in 2020 in the annual round-up of civic cock-ups in Private Eye magazine – the fourth successive year that Inside Croydon has been the source for such award-winning nominations
- Inside Croydon: 3million page views in 2020. Seen by 1.4million unique visitors