The police were called to Bracken Avenue in Shrublands at 0.45am last Thursday, where they attended with London Ambulance Service paramedics. They found a 16-year-old boy who had been stabbed. He was treated at the scene but was pronounced dead a short time later.
According to a statement issued by Scotland Yard this morning, “detectives have charged two people with Camron’s murder and with an additional charge of robbery”.
Those charged are the 15-year-old boy who was arrested in Brighton last Friday, and an 18-year-old, named as Romain La Pierre, of Amber Grove, Cricklewood, who was arrested in the Brierley Hill area of the West Midlands on Saturday.
The first suspect cannot be named because of his age.
“Detectives continue to investigate Camron’s murder and would like to hear from anyone who has information but has not yet come forward,” the Met said.
Information can be provided by calling the incident room on 0208 721 4961 or by calling Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555 111.
- You can support Inside Croydon’s news-breaking independent local journalism. Sign up today as a subscriber. Click here
- If you have a news story about life in or around Croydon, or want to publicise your residents’ association or business, or if you have a local event to promote, please email us with full details at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Inside Croydon is a member of the Independent Community News Network
- Inside Croydon works together with the Bureau of Investigative Journalism and BBC London News
- ROTTEN BOROUGH AWARDS: Croydon was named the country’s rottenest borough in 2020 in the annual round-up of civic cock-ups in Private Eye magazine – the fourth successive year that Inside Croydon has been the source for such award-winning nominations
- Inside Croydon: 3million page views in 2020. Seen by 1.4million unique visitors